2023 Swim Team Season is ON!
Get your swim suits ready! The Murphey Candler Marlins are looking forward to a fantastic 2023 season.
WHEN: The MCP Marlins swim season will run from May 15 - June 30. However, it might be longer if your swimmer qualifies for the Georgia Recreation and Park Association (GRPA) State meet (July 14 or 15).
PRACTICES / MEETS:
- Practices will be held at the Murphey Candler Pool. (Pool membership is NOT REQUIRED to join the team).
- Practices will be held Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
- 8 and under: 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm
- 9 and over: 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Most meets will be held on Tuesday evenings either at home or at various local pools in Brookhaven or Dunwoody.
The official meet schedule with locations will be available in April. (Our last meet will be held on Monday, 6/26. The ASA Divisional meet will be either 6/28 or 6/29).
- Warm-ups at 4:30 pm
- Start time: 5:30 pm
- June 24 (Saturday, GRPA District Meet at Briarwood)
- June 28 (Wednesday, ASA Divisional Meet at Georgia Tech)
- July 14 or 15 (Friday or Saturday for swimmers who qualify for the GRPA State Meet, held at Columbus, GA)
- Depending on pool availability, for an additional fee, optional Saturday clinic times (TBD) might be available for swimmers ages 7 and up.
- All swimmers must be at least 5 years of age (ages 5-18) and be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) unassisted.
- In order for us to host and run meets smoothly, parent volunteering is mandatory.
- Swimmer equipment list
- Swim suit for practices, team suit for meets
- Willingness to have fun and be a part of a wonderful team.
There is a registration fee of $125 and a $37.50 ASA membership fee, for a total of $162.50.
- The $125 registration fee covers the cost of coaching, pool use for practices and meets, a team swim cap and team shirt.
- The $37.50 ASA membership fee is the league fee which pays for the opportunity to compete with more teams, participate in the Championships held at Georgia Tech, and for the use of the Swimtopia website. *Please note this membership fee, required by the ASA will incur late fees (up to an additional $20) if paid after 4/16.
- Registration will open Monday, 3/20/2023.
- Please register early as space will be limited and ASA late fees will apply.
- The ASA fees will increase on April 16. However, the main registration fee of $125 will remain the same.
|ASA Fee Schedule|
|4/16 - 6/1||$52.50|
- Last day to register is June 1. (We will close registration if we reach full capacity.)
We look forward to having another fun, laid-back season filled with learning/improving swim strokes and celebrating personal best times! See you at the pool!
The MCP Marlins Board of Directors
Fred Bozzuto, Yolanda Veith, Judy Chang, and Christine Jones
Contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on:
To join our Remind group for team updates, text @mcpm23 to 81010
(returning families -please note: this is a new text group as we will have a new code each year)
Meet Our Sponsors for the 2023 Season!
The Murphey Candler Marlins Swim Team is a special place because of families like yours. We are a non-profit organization run by dedicated parent volunteers. Our funding is based on team enrollment and sponsorships. If you would like to see your business logo on our banners and t-shirts, please consider being a sponsor!
Thank you for your sponsorship!